Online LPN to RN Bridge Program
Being a licensed practical nurse (LPN) is a great occupation choice for a multitude of reasons. However, without a college education or advanced training, there are limits to how far one can be promoted in the field of nursing. Management positions on nursing teams, and other leadership positions within healthcare organizations are most often reserved for those who have completed advanced degree studies and bridge programs, in addition to having passed numerous certification exams. Because of this, it is a great idea to consider an LPN to RN bridge program to improve one’s career prospects while gaining new knowledge and skill sets in the field of nursing. These programs are tailored specifically for LPNs, and therefore offer a fast-track path to an exciting registered nurse career.
Degree Description and Requirements
There are many online options available for LPN to RN bridge programs, but there are always clinical requirements that must be completed in-person. All graduates of these programs should have been given the information needed in order obtain RN certification by passing the NCLEX-RN examination, which is required in order to begin practicing as a registered nurse. Specific courses required in the program vary by academic institution, but some popular courses students might need include:
- Human Anatomy I and II
- Chemistry (Inorganic and Organic/Biochemistry)
- General Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Humanities electives (English, performing arts, history, etc.)
LPN to RN bridge programs generally take around two years for completion. This time can vary depending on the amount of prior college credit earned. Most colleges will confer at least an associate’s degree upon graduation, but others may offer bachelor’s degrees. It should be noted that bachelor’s programs typically require more course hours for completion.
Online LPN to RN Bridge Programs
Other Online Nursing Bridge Programs
There are no Paramedic to RN programs currently available.
- American Sentinel University: RN to BSN
- Anna Maria College: RN to BSN
- Chamberlain College of Nursing: RN to BSN
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences: RN to BSN
- Gannon University: RN to BSN
- Grand Canyon University: RN to BSN
- Kaplan University: RN to BSN
- St. Peter’s College: RN to BSN
- University of Illinois at Chicago: RN to BSN
- University of Saint Mary: RN to BSN
- Western Governors University: RN to BSN
Top LPN to RN Online Degree Programs
Licensed practical nurses will eventually hit a ceiling in terms of job responsibilities and pay scale. For the LPN seeking a career advancement as a registered nurse, the right LPN to RN program can open doors to new opportunities within the nursing profession. Below we feature a school offering LPN to RN and related nursing degree programs.
LPN to RN Degree Finder
Complete this short form and we'll match you with degree programs tailored to your interests.
LPN to RN Bridge.org provides prospective nursing students with up-to-date information about LPN to RN programs across the United States. Read More
LPN to RN Degree Finder:
Recent Blog Posts:
About Our Blog:
The LPN to RN Bridge.org blog provides tips and resources to help you accelerate your nursing career. Read on to discover more about becoming an RN, including career outlook, salary potential and career advice.
- Job Responsibilities and Career Opportunities for Registered Nurses
- LPN to RN Licensure and Accreditation: What You Need to Know
- Scholarships and College Grants for LPN to RN Bridge Programs
- The History of Nursing: 101 Informative Websites
- The Ultimate Guide to LPN to RN Bridge Programs and an RN Career
- What's the Average Salary for a Registered Nurse?